This tomatillo salsa, like many green salsas of Central America, is sour, fresh, and a little spicy. It goes great with carnitas, tacos, tortillas, and really any summer dish that is grilled outside or on the plancha. Also super important, is getting the ingredients charred on a grill, a pan, or an oven!!!
- 6-7 charr roasted tomatillos
- 1 roasted jalapeño
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro (about a handful)
- 2 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 clove raw garlic
- 1 large onion charred
- 2 medium shallots charred
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- juice of 1 lime
- salt to taste
- Step 1 Step one: wash ingredients and start the grill.
- Step 2 Step two: charr onions, shallots, garlic (with peel on), and tomatillos on grill. Add tomatillos towards the end because they cook quickly.
- Step 3 Step 3: In a food processor, nutri-bullet, or blender add all the ingredients and blend until smooth. (if you like it more chunky blend only a little bit). If you are using a hand-mixer/hand blender make sure to use a deep enough dish to blend to salsa.
- Step 4 Last note: This recipe is very flexible, if you like more spice, citrus, or garlic add as much as you like!