Habanero and Mango Salsa
This fire salsa /hot sauce is exactly the kick you'll want to brighten up any fresh grilled foods. A little goes a long way, it really does here. Like the previous salsa recipe charring your ingredients will create great depth in this simple recipe.
- 4 charred habanero chillies (remove stem after charring)
- 1 tomato
- 2 cloves roasted/charred garlic
- 1 charred shallot
- 1 grilled mango
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- salt to taste
- Step 1 Step one: Wash vegetables, cut mango in half (and remove the pit), fire up the grill.
- Step 2 Step two: charr habanero chillies, shallot, garlic (with peel) and mango until cooked and outside is colored.
- Step 3 Step three: Add all contents to food processor, blender, or in deep bowl (using hand-mixer). Blend until smooth.
- Step 4 Also possible: Adding a bit of extra virgin olive oil (evoo) to the recipe will help emulsify the mixture (optional). Also lime juice can very easily replace the cider vinegar. Enjoy!!